The versatile Sysco Imperial Lemon Poppy Seed Bread Cheesecake is baked in a graham cracker crust and topped with real whipped cream and lemon poppy seed crumbles. Here, we have paired it with a rich crème anglaise and delicate sugared mint leaves.
Earl Grey Crème Anglaise
Sugared Mint Leaves
For the Lemon Curd
- Heat sugar, lemon juice, butter, and zest to a boil in a saucepan over medium-high heat, whisking occasionally.
- Whisk eggs and yolks in a bowl. Slowly add half the sugar mixture to the egg mixture while whisking constantly.
- Add egg-sugar mixture back to saucepan. Cook until mixture thickens, about 4 minutes, whisking constantly.
- Strain through a fine-mesh sieve; cover surface with plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate in an airtight container up to 6 days. Makes about 1½ cups.
For the Earl Grey Crème Anglaise
- Heat half and half and milk to a simmer in a saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add tea bags and remove from heat. Cover saucepan; steep 30 minutes.
- Discard tea bags; heat to a simmer over medium-high heat.
- Whisk yolks and sugar in a bowl. Slowly add half the half and half mixture to the egg mixture while whisking constantly; add half and half–egg mixture back to saucepan.
Cook over medium-low heat until sauce thickens slightly, about
15 minutes, whisking frequently.
- Refrigerate in an airtight container up to 6 days. Makes about 3 cups.
For the Sugared Mint Leaves
- Beat egg white in a bowl until frothy, about 1 minute.
- Brush both sides of mint leaves with egg white; sprinkle both sides with sugar.
- Dry mint leaves on a parchment-lined sheet tray 4 hours or up to overnight. Store in an airtight container up to 3 days.
- Serve 1 slice cheesecake drizzled with Earl Grey Crème Anglaise garnished with Lemon Curd, Sugared Mint Leaves, and raspberries.
Ingredient availability varies by location*