- Soak the saffron in 1 tablespoon of hot water for approximately 5 minutes. Set aside.
- Wash and peel the mango. Cut the mango into 1 inch pieces removing the flesh from the seed. Add the mango to a blender.
- Add the heavy cream, saffron and water, sweetened condensed milk, cardamom powder and a pinch of salt. Blend until smooth and combined.
- Heat the pistachios in a dry sauté pan over medium heat until toasted and fragrant. Chop up the pistachios into fine pieces. Stir half of the pistachios into the mango kulfi mix. Reserve the other half for garnishing.
- Transfer the mixture into kulfi molds, steel cups, or popsicle molds and insert popsicle sticks. Let freeze overnight or until set.
- To serve, gently loosen and remove the mango kulfi. Garnish with the remaining chopped pistachios and serve immediately.
Ingredient availability varies by location*