- Preheat oven 450°F. Lightly coat a sheet pan with cooking spray.
- Shred the potatoes with a cheese grater or in a food processor. Remove the starchy water from the potatoes by firmly squeezing them between both hands.
- Chop the shallots and green onions. Mix together the potatoes, shallots and green onions, as well as salt, pepper and thyme to taste; set aside.
- Put flour in a shallow dish suitable for dredging; whisk eggs and place in another shallow dish.
- Portion haddock into 5 to 6-oz pieces and salt and pepper each side.
- Divide potato mixture into 8 equal portions. Reserve 2 portions of potato for each piece of fish. Flatten 4 of the portions and top with haddock. Place remaining potato portions (1 per piece of fish) on top of haddock.
- In a preheated sauté pan with oil, carefully place coated fish portions. Cook on medium heat until golden brown exterior is achieved. Drain excess oil and place portions on prepared sheet pan. Place in preheated oven and cook until 145°F internal temperature is reached and fish is flaky, but still moist. Garnish with chopped chives.
Ingredient availability varies by location*
Serve haddock over steamed green beans with lemon wedges.