Southwest Egg Roll Filling
Southwest Egg Rolls
Your items have been added.
For the Southwest Egg Roll Filling
- Using a chef knife & cutting board, small dice white onion, green onion, red bell pepper & jalapeno, leave the seeds with the jalapeno. Next shred spinach into ribbons, set all aside.
- In a large rondeau over medium high flame heat the blended oil. Once warm saute white onion & garlic for 30 seconds. Next add red bell pepper & green onion, cook until tender but not to burn. Next add semi thawed chicken, black bean corn blend, spinach, jalapenos, parsley, cilantro, cumin, chili powder & salt to pan. Stir until well blended & hot through.
- Test for seasonings. If satisfied remove rondeau from eat and stir in cheddar jack cheese. The mixture should tighten up and become stringy. Move mixture to a lined sheet pan and spread to a single layer. Place in walk in to cool.
For the Southwest Egg Rolls
- Gather equipment & ingredients
- Portion filling into 2oz logs.
- Crack & whisk egg for wash, place in bowl with a pastry brush to the side.
- Place 3 eggroll skins in a diamond formation in front of you on work top. Brush top 2 edges with egg wash. Place filling log at center mass. Pull bottom corner of skin up and over the filing securing tightly over filling & forming desired shape. Next fold right & left corners of skin over filling & roll from the bottom up to seal. Repeat as needed.
- In a 350 degree deep fat fryer, place rolled eggrolls in to basket & drop for 3 minute or until golden brown & hot through. These can be prepped ahead of time & frozen but note this may increase the cook time.
- Once cooked, drain excess grease and place on a cutting board. Cut on a bias and present with chipotle aioli or favorite dipping sauce.
Ingredient availability varies by location*