For operators who wish to expand their plant-based offerings in order to appeal to the ever-growing vegan and vegetarian market, these Beyond Meat “Sushi” Rolls are a win. Crumbled Beyond Meat patties are mixed with an array of veggies and delicious flavorings, and then wrapped in thin-sliced mushroom in this innovative dish.
FOR BEYOND MEAT SUSHI ROLL
- In a medium bowl, toss mushroom caps and pesto to combine; roast in 400° oven for 10 minutes or until tender.
- Cool; slice ¼-inch thick on large bias.
- In a large bowl, combine quinoa, cauliflower, red pepper, green onions, Beyond Meat patties, cilantro, pistachio butter, chili powder, cumin, nutmeg, salt, black pepper and cardamom.
- Divide mixture into 4 (8-inch) logs; wrap logs in plastic wrap and roll up tight.
- Tie end pieces in knots to secure; poke holes in logs.
- Place in steamer for 10 minutes or until cooked through; let cool.
- Shingle sliced mushroom caps on top of plastic wrap into an 8-inch long strip; unwrap 1 Beyond Meat log and place on top.
- Using plastic wrap, roll mushrooms tightly around log; tie end pieces in knots to secure.
- Repeat with remaining mushroom slices and Beyond Meat logs; store under refrigeration for up to 5 days.
FOR PISTACHIO SMOKED PARSNIP YOGURT
- In medium saucepan of salted boiling water, cook parsnips 5 minutes or until soft.
- In smoker, smoke parsnips for 10 minutes.
- In food processor, process parsnips until smooth; transfer to medium bowl.
- Add yogurt, pistachio paste, zest and salt; stir to combine. Cover and refrigerate up to 1 week.
FOR CHICKPEA CURRY
- In medium sauté pan, heat olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Add garlic and ginger; cook 30 seconds, stirring frequently.
- Stir in coconut milk and red curry paste; bring to simmer.
- Add lime juice; cook 5 minutes or until mixture thickens.
- Stir in Pulse Mélange chickpeas; cook 2 minutes or until heated through.
- Cover and refrigerate up to 3 days.
- In small sauté pan, heat ½ cup Chickpea Curry over medium-high heat until heated through; place on desired serving plate.
- Spoon ¼ cup Pistachio Smoked Parsnip Yogurt down center of serving plate.
- Slice 1 Beyond Meat Sushi Roll into 1-inch-thick slices; place on top of Pistachio Smoked Parsnip Yogurt.
- Sprinkle Beyond Meat Sushi Roll with 1 tablespoon microgreens and ¼ teaspoon amaranth seeds.
- Serve with lime wedges and additional Pistachio Smoked Parsnip Yogurt for dipping.