- Soak shrimp in buttermilk.
- Melt the butter and Calabrian chilis together, (do not over heat and break the butter).
- Whip the ricotta and roasted garlic together, and season with salt to taste.
- Remove the shrimp from buttermilk directly into the semolina flour and toss to coat thoroughly.
- Once semolina is saturated and adhering to the shrimp, drop them into a 350-degree fryer for 4-5 minutes until golden and crispy.
- Meanwhile spread the garlic ricotta onto the plate.
- Remove the shrimp from the fryer and toss with the Calabrian chili butter.
- Place the shrimp on top of the ricotta and pour excess chili butter over them.
- Garnish with scallions and serve immediately.