Serve the Sysco Imperial Caramel Apple Cheesecake, baked in a graham cracker crust, topped with Chocolate-Root Beer Sauce and crunchy Peanut-Ginger Brittle for an easy cool-weather dessert.
Chocolate-Root Beer Sauce
Salty Peanut-Ginger Brittle
For the Chocolate-Root Beer Sauce
- Heat 1 cup root beer to a simmer in a saucepan over medium-high heat; cook until reduced by half, about 10 minutes. Whisk in cream; heat to a simmer.
- Place chocolate pistoles in a bowl; whisk in root beer-cream mixture until smooth. Whisk in remaining ⅓ cup root beer.
- Refrigerate in an airtight container up to 2 weeks. Makes about 2 cups.
For the Salty Peanut-Ginger Brittle
- Heat sugar, corn syrup, and water to a simmer in a saucepan over medium heat; cook until light amber color, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in butter; stir in peanuts, baking soda, ginger, and kosher salt. Pour onto Silpat-lined sheet tray; sprinkle with sea salt.
- Cool completely; break into 3-inch pieces.
- Store in an airtight container up to 6 days. Makes about 40 pieces.
- Garnish 1 slice cheesecake with a portion of Chocolate-Root Beer Sauce and Salty Peanut-Ginger Brittle.
Ingredient availability varies by location*