Operators everywhere are paying more attention to diners’ special diets and allergies. The number of people who wish to avoid grains, carbs and gluten—for a variety of reasons—has grown tremendously. This indulgent Cauliflower and Lobster “Mac” and Cheese caters to consumers’ changing demands without sacrificing flavor.
- Heat the oven to 450 degrees. In a mixing bowl, toss the cauliflower in olive oil, salt and pepper until coated. Pour the cauliflower onto a sheet pan without crowding.
- Roast the cauliflower for 10 minutes, stirring once, then continue to roast until just fork-tender, 5 to 8 minutes longer. Set aside to cool. In a saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add the reduced cream and bring to a simmer.
- Add the granulated garlic and onion, red pepper flakes, dried oregano and nutmeg and stir to combine. Turn off the heat, add half the cheddar cheese and stir to combine. Add all the pepper jack and Parmesan, stirring after each addition.
- In a mixing bowl, toss the lobster meat with the cauliflower and the remaining cheddar. Pour the sauce over the cauliflower mixture and combine. Place into a pan sprayed with nonstick cooking spray and bake at 400 degrees until browned and bubbly, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Garnish with fresh parsley.
Ingredient availability varies by location*