These beautiful vegan chocolate mousse tarts use high-quality cocoa and fresh fruit garnishes. Creamy avocado replaces the traditional dairy, and medjool dates are worked into the walnut crust.
Vegan Dark Chocolate Avocado Mousse
For the Walnut Crust
- In medium skillet, toast coconut over medium heat 5 minutes or until golden brown.
- In food processor, process dates, walnuts and toasted coconut on high until mixture holds together when pinched.
- Press walnut mixture into eight 5-inch tart shells.
For the Vegan Dark Chocolate Avocado Mousse
- In food processor, process all ingredients on high until smooth, scraping down sides as necessary.
- Fill crusts with mousse; smooth with offset spatula.
- Cover and refrigerate 4 hours or up to 3 days.
For the Sugared Raspberries
- In a small saucepan, heat ¼ cup sugar and water over medium-high heat; cook 3 minutes or until mixture comes to simmer and sugar dissolves.
- Transfer simple syrup to small bowl.
- Quickly dip raspberries in simple syrup; roll in remaining ½ cup sugar.
- Place on silicone baking mat-lined sheet tray; dry completely at room temperature.
- Store in airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 day.
- Place 1 mousse tart on each serving plate; garnish each tart with 1 dark chocolate curl, ½ tablespoon kiwi dice, ½ tablespoon mango dice, ½ tablespoon pineapple dice, ½ tablespoon toasted coconut and 2 sugared raspberries.
Ingredient availability varies by location*