- Place corn flakes into food processor and lightly pulse. Do not over pulse; you want some larger pieces for texture. You can also use a freezer bag and a rolling pin if needed. After, place corn flake crumbles into shallow pan and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together milk, eggs, vanilla, cinnamon and sugar. Once smooth, place into a separate shallow pan and set aside.
- For compressed berries: In a stainless steel bowl, mix together cleaned berries, lavender syrup, zest of lemon and juice of lemon. Next, place mixed berries into a vacuum bag and pull all excess air from bag using vacuum sealer. If you do not have a vacuum sealer, just allow berry mixture to macerate in bowl.
- For mascarpone: In a 5 qt. mixer bowl, add mascarpone cheese, heavy cream, hazelnut syrup and a pinch of kosher salt. Whisk on high speed for 2 to 4 minutes until light and airy. Pro tip: Put mixture into piping bag for easy use during service and maximum yield. Set aside, chilled.
- For the French toast: Take Texas toast and cut in half on a bias. Next, dip the toast into egg mixture and then into crumbled cornflakes, making sure it's completely shrouded in the corn flakes. Repeat as necessary. This can be done the day before and even frozen if needed.
- To plate: Fry the battered toast for 2 to 3 minutes until golden brown and let excess grease drain. Stack on serving vessels and garnish with piped mascarpone and compressed berries, with mint and powdered sugar (optional).
Ingredient availability varies by location*