- Place brisket in large container of water to soak over night in the cooler this will help tone down the salt when cooking.
- After one day of soaking take out and allow to get to room temperature.
- In the mean time prep your cabbage by cutting in to large wedges, cut the carrots in half but keep them long at least 3 inches, and wash your baby potatoes.
- Place the brisket in a deep hotel pan and follow the directions on the package.
- About 30 minutes before the brisket is done take 2 cups of the poaching liquid and reserve.
- Move the brisket to one side of the pan and place your cabbage, carrots and potatoes to simmer in the the juices with the brisket.
- When the potatoes are done, you can remove cabbage, carrot, potato and reserve hot; leave the brisket in the liquid until ready to slice.
- Using a pot, melt the butter and add flour. Mix well, but do not allow to darken or brown.
- Add the milk and 4 ounces of the reserved poaching liquid; simmer approximately 15 minutes to cook out the flour taste.
- Season with salt and white pepper to taste and garnish with chopped parsley. Set aside.
- Slice the brisket against the grain place on the plate as the picture above with the vegetables.
- Ladle the gravy on top of the corned beef and serve.
Ingredient availability varies by location*
For those operating sites that do not sell Certified Angus Beef the Block and Barrel has several choices Check with your Sales Consultant