Eggnog can be one of the most versatile ingredients in your kitchen during the holiday season. Churn it into Wholesome Farms vanilla ice cream. Combine it with rich crème anglaise for a dessert sauce. Or use it as a festive flavoring for a delicious cheesecake, as we’ve done here.
For the Gingersnap Crust
- Heat oven to 325 degrees.
- In a bowl, combine the crushed gingersnaps, sugar, cinnamon and softened or melted butter.
- Mix to combine.
- Line the bottom of a 10-inch springform pan with a piece of parchment paper.
- Pour the cookie mixture into the pan, pressing it into the bottom of the pan and up the sides at least 1 inch.
For the Eggnog Cheesecake
- Using an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing after each addition and scraping down the sides as needed.
- Add the eggnog and continue mixing until smooth.
- Add the sugar, flour, rum extract and cinnamon.
- Continue mixing until smooth and creamy.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared crust and bake for 1 hour.
- Turn off the oven and open the oven door just a crack.
- Leave the cheesecake in the open oven for another hour.
- Then move it to a cooling rack and allow to cool to room temperature.
- After it has cooled, chill it for 6 to 8 hours.
- Serve, accompanied by the marshmallow creme.
- Sprinkle with the cinnamon.
Ingredient availability varies by location*