Made with ancient grains such as rye, oat, and barley, the Simply Plant Based Vegan Cornettos (Elderberry & Raspberry) offers a delicate taste that complements any dish. Served atop Pistachio Mascarpone, this morning treat looks as good as it tastes.
8 oz. Arrezzio Imperial mascarpone cheese
For the Pistachio Mascarpone
- Blanch pistachios in boiling water until slightly softened, about 3 minutes; cool slightly.
- Rub pistachios between a clean kitchen towel to remove any remaining skin; dry completely.
- Purée pistachios, oil, and honey in a blender on low speed until a smooth, thick paste forms, about 2 minutes.
- Add mascarpone, sugar, and extract; purée until very smooth and light, about 4 minutes.
- Refrigerate in airtight container up to 6 days. Makes about 1½ cups.
- Cut cornetto crosswise in half and dust with powdered sugar; serve with a portion of Pistachio Mascarpone garnished with chopped pistachios and raspberries.
Ingredient availability varies by location*