To make this hearty and fresh main-dish salad, start with a foundation of Path of Life 5-Grain blend, which cooks up quickly, with a nutty, down-to-earth flavor. Add arugula, apples and a spiced vinaigrette to bring all the flavors together. Goat cheese gives the dish additional protein and richness.
*For vegans or vegetarians who do not consume animal products, substitute these products with vegan options
- Heat the oven to 350°F.
- Combine shallot, thyme, apricot preserves, vinegar, chipotle pepper and salt in a small mixing bowl; Whisk well. Set aside.
- Heat a grill pan or French grill over medium-high heat until hot.
- Grill apples, cut side down, 20–30 seconds per side or until grill marks appear. Set aside.
- Place cheese medallions on a small sheet pan lined with parchment paper.
- Bake cheese 4–6 minutes or until warm and soft in the middle.
- Meanwhile, combine 5-Grain Blend, arugula and 1/3 cup of the dressing in a medium mixing bowl.
- Mix well and divide among four serving plates.
- Top each plate with apples, strawberries and almonds.
- Top each salad with a cheese medallion and drizzle remaining dressing around edges of plates.
- Serve immediately.