Made with just a few quality ingredients, this deceptively simple side adds salty bacon to potatoes that have been sliced in the Hasselback technique. Serve as an appetizer or accent to any kind of meat dish, from grilled beef to roast chicken.
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Very thinly slice each potato most of the way to the bottom. (You place a ruler on either side of the potato as you slice.)
- Drizzle the potatoes with olive oil and coarse kosher salt and sprinkle with thyme. Roast for 25 to 30 minutes until the potatoes are al dente and crisp.
- Meanwhile, in a dry non-stick pan, slowly fry the streaky bacon until crisp.Let cool and chop into pieces.
- Sprinkle the bacon onto the potatoes, add a little more coarse kosher salt and serve.
Ingredient availability varies by location*