Meat-free, vegan and flexitarian options are big on breakfast menus; our Sysco Simply line of products is ready to meet that demand. The Sysco Simply Cauliflower Pizza Crust used to make this Shakshuka Pizza is 100 percent vegan and gluten-free.
FOR THE SHAKSHUKA SAUCE
- Heat the olive oil in a sauté pan over medium heat. Add the onion, bell peppers and jalapeno chiles.
- Sweat the vegetables until very soft but not browned, about 10 minutes. Increase heat to medium high, add the garlic and cook until garlic is softened but not burned, about 1 minute longer.
- Add paprika and cumin and cook for 30 seconds to toast the spices. Add the tomatoes and stir to combine.
- Reduce the heat to a simmer and cook for 12 minutes; then season with salt and pepper to taste.
FOR THE PIZZA
- Thaw the cauliflower crust and put it on a sheet pan or pizza screen.
- Evenly spread 6 ounces of the prepared Shakshuka Sauce over the crust, leaving a half inch border around the outside.
- Using a spoon, make 4 wells for eggs around the pizza. Break the eggs directly into the wells, being careful to keep yolks intact. Season the eggs with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle the feta cheese evenly around the pizza. Brush 1 tablespoon of the olive oil around the edge of the crust to promote browning.
- Place the pizza into a 450-degree convection oven and cook until the egg whites are set but the yolks are still runny, about 15 minutes.
- While the pizza is cooking, toss the arugula with the remaining ½ tablespoon of olive oil and the lemon juice and salt and pepper to taste.
- When the pizza is ready, pile arugula salad in the center and serve.