Salmon is a perennial favorite among diners as interest in seafood continues to grow. Here, salmon is combined with bright green beans and smashed potatoes to create a medley of colors and textures on the plate.
HARICOTS VERTS WITH CHORIZO
FOR THE HONEY-MUSTARD SALMON
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees. Mix the whole-grain mustard with the honey; set aside.
- In a nonstick sauté pan over medium-high heat, sear the salmon for 2 to 3 minutes. Then place the salmon fillet, uncooked-side down, on a sheet pan lined with parchment paper and lightly glaze it with the honey-mustard mix.
FOR THE SMASHED POTATOES
- Increase the oven heat to 375 degrees. In a mixing bowl, toss the fingerling potatoes with olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Roast for about 25 minutes. Remove the potatoes from the oven, let cool and smash them lightly with a meat mallet.
- Fry the potatoes in a deep fryer until crispy. Remove and let cool; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
FOR THE HARICOTS VERTS WITH CHORIZO
- In a sauté pan over medium-high heat, melt the butter.
- Add the haricots verts and chorizo and sauté, seasoning with salt and pepper, until the haricots verts are cooked through.
- To plate, place the haricots verts and chorizo first and rest the smashed potatoes on top.
- Gently place the salmon on top of the potatoes and finish with the remaining honey-mustard sauce.