- Place the lemon, lime, dried oregano, cumin, white vinegar, 1 teaspoon salt and 1 teaspoon pepper in a blender and puree until smooth.
For Pork Katsu:
- Clean and portion the pork loin into 4 ounce medallions. Cover with plastic film and pound until very thin using a mallet.
- Marinate the pork with the mojo in the refrigerator for at least 20 minutes up to 1 hour.
- Beat the eggs. Dip pork into beaten eggs, then panko to form a breading.
- Fry in a 350° fryer for 4-6 minutes or until it reaches 150°. Keep warm.
For Plantain Mayo:
- Steam the plantains for 20 minutes.
- Toast sesame seeds in a dry saute pan for 2 minutes at medium heat.
- Place both in a food processor while hot and puree until smooth. Chill.
- Combine puree with 2 tablespoons mayo, hoisin sauce, 1 ounce soy sauce, and season with salt. Keep refrigerated.
For Mustard Slaw:
- Combine mustard, 2 tablespoons mayo, 1 ounce soy sauce and season with salt. Dress slaw and keep chilled.
For Pickled Onions:
- Bring rice vinegar and sugar to a boil.
- Slice red onions thinly and place in hot liquid.
- Let onions pickle for 20 minutes and reserved chilled.
To present the sandwich, toast bun on a flat top or grill. Spread plantain mayo on bun, then stack pork, slaw, and pickled onions. Serve with fries.
Ingredient availability varies by location*