- Begin by making 3-5 small lengthwise cuts on the skin side of the salmon to prevent the fish from curling up. Mix Oyster Sauce and Sake, coat salmon and let stand to marinate while shucking the oysters. In a heated cast iron, add the salmon, skin side down, and cook 3-4 minutes to crisp.
- Combine the Oyster Liqueur from the shucked oysters with the chili crisp and ½ the juice of a fresh lemon. Place shucked oysters in liquid to marinate.
For the Peas/ Lentil/ Mushrooms
- In a heated pan, sauté carrot, shallot and sliced mushrooms in clarified butter until al dente.
- Add wine, thyme, cooked lentils, and peas, and simmer until heated through. Reduce liquid by half. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove from heat and mount chilled butter for Buerre Blanc. Set aside.
- Brush salmon fillet with the residual oyster sauce mix, turn and finish cooking, to medium rare, about another 3-4 minutes.
- Arrange the mixture on the plate in a column, reserving a few mushrooms, peas and sauce to finish the salmon fillet. After placing the columns, put the finished salmon fillet on the top third of the column. Garnish the fillet with the reserved pea mixture and beurre blanc.
- Evenly space the shucked oysters along the right side on the column of vegetables and drizzle each with lemon/liqueur/chili crisp sauce.
Ingredient availability varies by location*