To make this eye-catching holiday main dish, we’ve taken a whole rack of White Marble Farms pork ribs and, instead of roasting it, deep-fried it in lard to achieve a deep brown color and rich flavor. Garnish with grilled sliced apples and pomegranate.
- In a coffee grinder, process the pickling spices or crab boil mix, salt, and sugar to a fine grind.
- Rub the spices into the pork rack; wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- In a deep fryer or high-sided stockpot, heat the lard to 335 degrees.
- Leaving the fat on the meat, place the pork rack in a fryer basket and carefully lower it into the lard.
- Cook the pork rack for 40 to 45 minutes or until internal temperature reaches a minimum of 140 degrees. Drain on a wire rack for 5 minutes.
- Serve family-style, garnished with pomegranate, grilled apples and fresh bay leaves.