For Sofrito Butter Sauce:
- In a food processor, purée the fresh garlic, bell pepper, red onion, and 1 ounce of cilantro until liquified. Strain all liquid using a fine mesh colander.
- Add the solids to the thawed butter sauce and bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and keep warm.
For Saffron Aioli:
- In a sauce pan boil 1 cup of water with a pinch of saffron. Reduce until almost all the liquid is evaporated.
- Chill the sauce completely, add the mayo, combine and season with salt. Reserve chilled.
For the Iberico Salchichon Couscous:
- Heat a sauce pan and add the julienned salchichon, cook for 1 min. Add the thawed couscous blend and cook for 2 min. Season to taste.
For Plantain Strips:
- Peel the plantain and cut into strips using a mandolin. Place in cool salted water immediately to prevent oxidation.
- Drain and dry in paper towel, fry at 350 degrees for 2 min. Place in dry paper towel and let cool before storing in dry covered container.
For the Shrimp:
- Peel, devein and remove tail, then slowly cook in the garlic spread with the zest of half a lemon. Once the shrimp are cooked about 4 min, add the remaining chopped cilantro and season with salt. Serve immediately.
To Present the Dish:
- Place the couscous in the center and top with the shrimp.
- Sauce half the plate with the saffron aioli, and the other half with the sofrito sauce.
- Top the couscous and shrimp with the plantain strips.
- Garnish with the micro cilantro and sliced red chili.
Ingredient availability varies by location*