- Remove the precooked sous vide beef short ribs from the package. Place in an oven safe dish and cook in oven at 300°F with liquid from bag and cover to maintain moisture.
- In a small saucepan, mash the black garlic cloves. Add the demi-glace to the pot and stir until combined. Add fresh thyme and black pepper and simmer on low for 10 minutes or until the sauce has thickened slightly.
- Peel and slice the potatoes and add to a large pot filled with cold salted water and bring to a boil. Cook for about 15 minutes or until the potatoes are fork tender. Once they are cooked, drain thoroughly. Add the potatoes, heavy cream, 2 ounces of butter, salt, and pepper to a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Add the blood orange juice to a small sauce pot and simmer on low for 10 minutes until slightly reduced, add butter and fresh chopped thyme. In a baking dish, place the carrots, blood orange, butter, salt and pepper. Cover and cook in a 350°F oven for 20 minutes, or until the carrots are tender.
- To Plate: Spoon the purple potato puree onto the bottom of a plate, add the beef short rib and top with black garlic demi-glace. Place the carrots on top and garnish with fresh micros.
Ingredient availability varies by location*