Spring is peak season for so many amazing fruits and vegetables, including asparagus, avocados, strawberries and more. This Spa Salad offers a cornucopia of produce all in one place, served on a bed of mixed grains and tossed with Sysco Imperial blood orange vinaigrette.
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Blanch the 5-Grain Blend in the boiling water for 2 minutes; then shock in ice water.
- Spread the chickpeas on a sheet pan in the refrigerator to dry out.
- Once dry, deep-fry them at 350 degrees until browned and crunchy, about 3 minutes. Drain them on paper towels and season with salt to taste.
- Preheat a charbroiler.
- Blanch and shock the asparagus using the same technique. Once shocked and dried, brush with oil, season with salt and pepper and place on the charbroiler.
- Grill for 2 minutes, turn the asparagus and grill for 1 minute longer. Remove and slice into pieces.
- In a large bowl, combine the spring mix and kale.
- Arrange the berries, asparagus pieces, cooked grains and diced avocado on top of the salad greens.
- Drizzle with the vinaigrette and serve.