Gochujang BBQ Sauce
Your items have been added.
- To start, you want to make sure you have given the pork steaks plenty of time to thaw. Once thawed, pat the surface dry to remove any water. Mix 2 tsp Salt, 1 tsp Pepper, .5 tsp Turmeric, .5 tsp Coriander, .5 tsp Thyme together. Feel free to make a large batch of the spice blend for regular use. Lightly oil the pork steak and rub the spice mixture into the meat. Allow the spice rub to sit for at least an hour. And use this time to get your smoker up to temp.
- Smoke the pork steaks over your choice of hardwood at about 225 degrees. We are only getting a little smoke flavor on the pork steaks and not trying to cook them the whole way in the smoker. Depending on your smoker this should take about 60- 90 minutes.
- Since you will be cooking the BBQ sauce with the pork steaks, all you need to do is whisk together 2 cups of the BBQ sauce, 3 TBLSP of the Gochujang paste, .5 oz. of Sesame oil and 12 oz. of local beer. As the steaks braise the sauce will reduce. If you want it to be a thick sauce, you might need to thicken it slightly with a corn starch slurry. Depending on your taste, you might need to finish with a little salt before serving with the steaks.
- Remove the pork steaks from the smoker and place in a hotel pan. Cover the steaks in the gochujang/bbq/and beer mix. Cover the pan in foil and place in a 275 degree oven for about 3.5 to 4 hours or until the steaks are tender but not falling apart. Allow the steaks to rest in the sauce for about 30 minutes before wrapping and cooling, Or keep steaks in the sauce and hold warm for immediate service.
- If reheating make sure to baste the steak with a little sauce while reheating. The steaks can be grilled or brought back up in the oven. While the steak is reheating place 4 oz. of the mac and cheese in a ovenable dish, sprinkle 1 oz. of the red hot riplet seasoning over the top and bake until bubbly. Garnish with 1 oz. of crispy fried onions for a crunch. Cut 4 oz. of the Heirloom tomatoes into a large dice, roughly 1x1. Toss the tomatoes with 1 oz. of the feta dressing.
- Serve the Pork Steak with a side of the Gochujang BBQ for dipping and plate with the Mac and Cheese and the Heirloom Tomato Salad.
Ingredient availability varies by location*