- Stir all ingredients together in a bowl. Makes about ¼ c.
- Spread the lamb in an even layer.
- Mix salt, ½ Tsp. each Baharat and cumin. and baking soda; sprinkle spices evenly over the lamb and let stand for 1 minute.
- Sprinkle with remaining ingredients; evenly work into lamb with hands.
- Wrap in plastic; refrigerate for 1 hour to allow the mixture to set.
- Form the lamb mixture into cylinders, about 1½ to 2 inches thick; skewer onto long cinnamon sticks (you can also use traditional metal or wood skewers).
- Place 1 Qt. water, lentils and 1 Tsp. salt in a saucepot; bring to a boil and simmer until tender, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Drain the lentils, quickly rinse and set aside.
- Melt butter in a saucepot; add onion and cook on medium heat until starting to caramelize.
- Add garlic, coriander, cumin and turmeric; cook for 1 minute until the garlic and spices become fragrant.
- Add rice; toss.
- Add 3 c. water and remaining 1 Tsp. salt; bring to a boil.
- Add lentils; mix, cover, reduce heat to low and cook until all the liquid is absorbed into the rice, about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Let stand, covered, for 10 minutes; fluff rice and lentils.
- Place garlic, sesame paste, lemon juice and salt in a food processor bowl; process while adding cold water until right consistency is reached (about ½ c. water).
- Adjust seasoning and add parsley; continue processing until the parsley is chopped into the tahini.
- Brush the kebabs with olive oil and grill until well browned and medium inside. Serve on a bed of Mujaddara garnished with Tahini Sauce.
Ingredient availability varies by location*