Block & Barrel Imperial Spreadable Feta (Habanero Pepper) from Sysco’s Cutting Edge Solutions innovation platform makes applications like this one fast and easy. Add more Mediterranean pizzazz to your plate.
Red Pepper-Herb Couscous
For the Feta-Stuffed Eggplant
- Whisk oil, lemon juice, and salt in a bowl; brush over cut sides of eggplant.
- Sear eggplant, cut side down, in a sauté pan over medium-high heat until lightly charred, about 3 minutes.
- Place eggplant cut side up on a sheet tray and ﬁll with spreadable feta.
- Refrigerate in an airtight container up to 4 days.
For the Red Pepper-Herb Couscous
- Prepare couscous as label directs; toss with bell pepper and parsley. Keep warm in a steam table for service.
- Bake eggplant on a sheet tray at 475°F until very tender and golden brown, about 20 minutes.
- Heat a portion of oil in a sauté pan over medium heat; add a portion of walnut pieces and cook until fragrant and starting to brown, about 3 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Stir in a portion of coriander, cumin, and black pepper; remove from heat.
- Serve eggplant over couscous topped with walnuts.