Introducing a taste of Ireland in the palm of your hand! Behold, a pizza that captures the essence of the Emerald Isle. Brace yourself for a mind-blowing fusion of cozy flavors, as our pillowy dough transports you straight to soda bread heaven. Crispy pork, buttery leeks, and ooey-gooey melted sharp cheddar, all crowned with the glorious presence of potatoes. Each heavenly bite is like a warm hug for your taste buds. Get ready to feel the ultimate comfort with every single mouthful.
- Thaw the dough balls overnight and allow them to reach room temperature. This recipe yields 2 pizzas.
- Place doughs balls in separate bowls and cover with an olive-oil-covered piece of plastic wrap. Let dough rise for about 1 hour.
- Place a pizza stone in an oven at 450°F.
- Peel the potatoes. Use a mandoline or sharp knife to thinly slice potatoes (about 1/16-inch thick). Soak the slices in warm, salted water and set aside.
- Place sliced leeks in another bowl of water. Dislodge any dirt or grit and let it fall to the bottom of the bowl. Remove leeks and dry well.
- Dice the pork belly in 3/4-inch cubes and fry in a pan until crispy. Remove from the pan, blot with paper towels, and reserve the fat.
- Discard excess pork fat, leaving 2 tablespoons in the pan. Add washed and dried leek slices to pan and sauté until soft, season with a few pinches of salt and pepper. Add minced garlic and cook for an additional minute. Remove from the pan.
- Once dough has risen, turn out onto a floured surface. Cover with oiled plastic wrap and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Coat a pizza peel with cornmeal. Stretch one dough ball to cover the peel. Top with half of the cheese, then layer half of the potato slices in a single layer and overlapping. Top with half of the leek mixture, then pork belly. Repeat for second dough.
- Bake the pizzas for about 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Allow the pizzas to rest for 5 minutes, then sprinkle with chives, cut, and enjoy.
Ingredient availability varies by location*