Consumers are looking for ways to include more delicious vegetables in their diets—without sacrificing flavor or aesthetics. For this simple, beautiful vegan side, a rainbow of vegetables is cooked under pressure, then sweetened with a touch of agave syrup and topped with a curry emulsion.
FOR THE VEGETABLES
- Rub skins of turnips, carrots and onions gently with scrub pad, then soak in ice water. Peel asparagus, leaving 4 inches of tops unpeeled, and soak in ice water.
- In a high-sided saucepan with a lid, melt the butter. Add garlic, shallots, thyme, salt and pepper. Add the sherry and agave syrup.
- Hold lid tightly and allow the pressure to cook the vegetables. (Each will cook at a different speed, so check for tenderness.)
FOR THE CURRY EMULSION
- In a saucepan over medium heat, bring almond milk and curry powder to a simmer.
- Mix with an immersion blender until a foamy emulsion forms. Spoon the emulsion over the vegetables and serve.