For the sauce:
- In a small sauce pot, add chopped shallot, crushed black peppercorns, fresh thyme sprigs, bay leaves, peeled lemon and red wine.
- Set to reduce by three quarters or until syrupy.
- Set heat to low and simmer while whisking in butter in small amounts.
- Strain through a fine chinois and reserve warm.
For the rice:
- Cook rice according to directions and keep hot.
For the steak:
- Season the steak with salt and pepper and grill or sear to desired temperature; let rest.
For the salmon:
- Season salmon filet with salt and pepper.
- Sear bloodline up or presentation side down in a hot pan with 1 tablespoon of oil for 2-3 minutes.
- Transfer to a 400°F oven for about 4 minutes to finish cooking.
- Once done, set aside, keeping hot.
- While the salmon and steak are finishing cooking, sauté the roasted vegetables, season with salt and pepper and reserve hot.
- Place the rice and roasted vegetables in the middle of a plate.
- Place the salmon on top of the rice and place the steak on top of the vegetables.
- Drizzle the sauce around and on top of the salmon and steak.
- Garnish with micro greens or small herb salad.
Ingredient availability varies by location*