Sysco Classic Sous Vide Sirloin Steak is pre-portioned, lightly seasoned, and pre-cooked to medium-rare—saving money, time and labor. It is easily incorporated into a variety of main dish applications such as this elegant dish, sauced with a rich Pink Peppercorn Béarnaise.
Pink Peppercorn Béarnaise
For the Pink Peppercorn Béarnaise
- Cook vinegar, shallots, and peppercorns in a sauté pan over medium heat until vinegar is completely absorbed, about 5 minutes, stirring frequently; remove from heat and cool slightly.
- Heat 1 quart water to a boil in a saucepot ﬁtted with a metal bowl; reduce heat to low. Add egg yolks and shallot mixture to bowl; whisk constantly until thickened and doubled in volume, about 6 minutes.
- Whisk in butter 1 tablespoon at a time; whisk in remaining ingredients. Hold warm in a steam table for service.
- Sprinkle 1 steak with salt and pepper; let stand at room temperature 10 minutes.
- Heat a portion of butter in a sauté pan over medium-high heat; add steak and cook until seared, about 4 minutes, turning once.
- Deep-fry a portion of French fries at 350°F until golden brown and crisp, about 3 minutes; toss with salt in a bowl.
- Slice steak against the grain; serve topped with Pink Peppercorn Béarnaise along with fries garnished with micro-herbs and additional pink peppercorns.